View Single Post
Old March 16, 2005, 08:35 AM   #17
jburtonpdx

kennybs

I dont think he missed your point at all. He was comparing war combat to street combat. Fighting for your life is fighting for your life and that is the discussion at hand.

I was not worried about much 30 years ago - I was only 5 years old. I know that now in the city I live in Columbus OH they recently arrested and are trying to deport (a second time) a major player in the MS-13 gang, known to have a large number of members with formal military training, a city were many Police officers have been killed in the short 6 months that I have lived here, a city were there is news every day about a murder seems like about 2 a week....

Point is that you may not be facing just another guy when it all comes down to it. You may be facing a pro - criminal. Somebody who has; trained, planned, and prepared for what he/she is going to do to you. It may be a group of people, two or three. It is also likely that this person does not care what the law says and does not think about things like going to jail or getting caught. It also is likely it won't happen.... In any case preparing for it is not going to hurt you and more then likely will help you and yours to not become a victim or get into that situation to begin with.

My long tirade all boils down to this - training and planning can prevent you from being a victim and that is what this is all about. Make it home for dinner with your family every night. The average joe American you refer to is a victim plain and simple. We are now raised to be victims by the schools that we attend when they expell both students in the fight even the one that just blocked the punches thrown at them, by a society that teaches us to comply with criminal demands, its just now turning around a little bit - look at airlines if somebodey does something wrong on an airplane now they can count on getting tackled by not just the airline employees but also by just about every passenger within reach...

Teach yourself and your kids not to be victims. Teach them to stand up to a bully on the schoolyard or at work someday. Even a verbal bully should not be tollerated. Fight or flight is the only instinct we realy seem to have left and if the only training we have is flight what happens when we are cornered? The only thing the schools are teaching our kids is flight...

Page generated in 0.03512 seconds with 8 queries