View Single Post
Old May 10, 2013, 02:26 AM   #1
bk688

Concealed Carry Illinois

Hello!

As of June 9th if the Illinois house has not passed a concealed carry law It has been ordered by a federal judge that federal regulations shall apply and Illinois shall be a "constitutional carry" state.

My question is what are the federal regulations? What restrictions or "hoops" do i have to jump through to abide by federal law? I've spent a bit of time looking but all i have found are regulations applying to cops and retired law enforcement.

I know due to the political climate in Illinois that simply carrying after the ordered date will send most people (especially around Chicago) to the slammer and to appeal in federal court. My particular circumstance already has me in a grey area where most Police Officers just assume I'm carrying anyway, so really I'm just being anal trying to follow whatever law I can. (In Illinois all peace officers can carry as long as their dept. allows. Mine doesn't because of a jack-wagon 15 years ago who got drunk and stupid with his gun. But most local PD either doesn't know about that policy or doesn't care as long as you dress in blue for you job)

If any one has any knowledge into the federal regulations I would really appreciate your incite.

Thank You!

(Edit)

To clarify my concerns, the night I'm writing this, I was the DD for a friend and ran across a few (4) former inmates. Luckily they were plenty satisfied with my work, but there has been several times where I've had to bluff and ask the former inmate if he thinks he can out draw me, as a buddy runs to the restroom with my phone to call some friends (local PD) who are on duty.

Last edited by bk688; May 10, 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.02204 seconds with 8 queries