Thread: Recent scare...
View Single Post
Old December 23, 2009, 11:32 AM   #26
OldMarksman
Staff

Originally posted by Peetzakilla:
Quote:
Call me a heartless coward I suppose, but I can not envision a scenario wherein I would leave my house and family and go into the dark to check on the "bump in the night" of the lady next door.

The lesson here to me is stay in your own damn house. Let the police do their jobs. I will help my neighbors if I can but my family is my priority, I made promises to them not to my neighbor.
Coward, no; wise, yes. The reason to let the police do their jobs is not cowardice. The police are to sworn to enforce the law, trained, and indemnified; they act only under approved procedure, they are properly equipped, and they usually do not venture into dangerous situations alone.

Originally posted by Uncle Billy:
Quote:
As usual, here's yet another situation where an untrained, unauthorized armed citizen attempts to take on the role of a badge-carrying police officer, and the the uncertainty and confusion of opinions, guesses, macho chest-thumping and just plain ignorance that results fills another thread.
Yes, untrained; unsworn; not indemnified; acting alone in the dark; assuming the very real risk of being shot by criminals, other law abiding citizens, or police officers; possibly putting others at risk; and likely having no idea what to do in the event of an encounter.

Page generated in 0.02900 seconds with 8 queries