View Single Post
Old December 2, 2001, 06:05 PM   #5
K80Geoff

Different point of view!

If the Russian SXS is a Baikal and it feels good to you, go ahead and buy it. Go shoot some Skeet with it and get the feel of the gun. The Baikals I have seen lately are sturdy and durable. They are not fancy and not as refined as a good double but they can serve as an introduction to shotgunning and teach you about double guns and their care and handling.

I have said this before and will say it again. Nobody stays with the first double gun they purchase. Once you learn the advantages of a good double you will be looking for the right gun. You will go through several guns untill you find the right one.

Eventually you will find a way to buy the best gun you can not afford. It happens to everyone.

So you don't like autoloaders and Pumps, Great!!! You have good taste and if you follow your instincts you will enjoy shotgunning your whole life.

Besides, after a few years you can have the Baikal converted to a HD gun, after you buy a Spanish sidelock or two!

Advice, try to find a Baikal with one open choke (IC) and one tighter choke(Mod). This type of SXS is a universal bird hunting gun, even for waterfowl with steel loads!

And get the gun fitted to you!

My $.02 as usual.

Page generated in 0.02773 seconds with 8 queries