View Single Post
Old August 24, 2010, 11:39 AM   #47
siggygirl

@Skans, thanks for your thoughtful reply. This is how it's gone 100% of the time so far. My BRAIN is my best tool. Then my mouth for talking, my feet for walking. I've gotten out of sticky situations so far and I intend to minimize exposure to further ones and have a back up plan IN OFFICE for a threat of a level higher than what I've had before. I can't find a reasonable and safe way to use a firearm in the office and it's the last thing in the world I want to do. I've had many people on and offline say "shoot 'em" and when I raise objections they don't seem to get it. It took a bit for me to get to the point to be willing to use lethal force and one of the top three things I'm willing to use this for is MY JOB. More than likely if I use a firearm in my office, or was even seen with a firearm in my office, the powers that be will suspend and/or revoke my ability to do my job. Having sunk my entire life, my heart and a ton of $$ into this, I'm not willing to give it up. For those of you that have kids, think about this job as your kids. That's how I feel about protecting it.

That being said, out of the office, I'm willing to use my CCW or other deadly force if I have no other choice. The powers that be are unlikely to see it in the same light and hopefully I will remain alive and able to work.

Page generated in 0.02183 seconds with 8 queries