View Single Post
Old November 6, 2009, 07:53 PM   #1
MLeake

Looks like we may have acquired a new, used dog

Just got a call from the significant other (I'm on a road trip at the moment, but will be home tomorrow). Apparently, a stray hound stumbled onto our property today. She wasn't sure what he was, but he looked so haggard she decided to call him Merle.

She gave him some food and water, and it would appear he's sleeping on our back step.

She said she won't get too attached to him tonight, but if he's still around the house in the morning, the odds are I'll have a new dog when I get home. (She won't get too attached, but she's already given him a tentative name.... you get the idea.)

He'll have to go to the vet, though. Need to see if he's microchipped; if he isn't, will need to get shots, bath, and appointment for a neutering (we have a female JRT; she's spayed, but doesn't need to be humped by a dog 5 or 6 times her size).

After checking online, the significant other thinks "Merle" is a Plott Hound. I just looked up Plott Hounds, and was surprised at how much they have in common with Catahoulas. Since my Catahoula mix died last year, I've been wanting another medium sized dog...

Page generated in 0.02489 seconds with 8 queries