View Single Post
Old March 13, 2000, 08:10 AM   #2
Judge Blackhawk

Winmag, I know what you mean about cracks in the stock, just knowing they are there can drive you absolutely crazy.

The place were you bought your gun should be able to help you get a new stock. Most reputable gun dealers, and most are, will go out of their way to help a client.

Also, I would call Marlin. Those people at Marlin are the nicest you will ever talk too, except maybe for Sturm, Ruger and Co. When I was buying my 1895SS in 45-70 I wanted to make sure the gun I purchased was the Ballard rifling not the micro-groved. So I call Marlin and the young lady told me to look for *** on the gun, well my gun dealer could not find any *** so, I had to call her back, she asked me to get the serial number, so I had to calll my gun dealer and he told me the ending series. The young lady told me the date of manufacture of the rifle and that it indeed had ballard rifling.

Needless to say this phone tag went back and forth for a while but she pleasant and most helpful. She even sent me a catalog and a Marlin patch. I know that is not a lot but it is more than I can say for some other firearm companies.

If the gun was brand new there should be a warranty on it and I know that Marlin will stand behind their product. They have been standing behind them for over a 100 years.

Judge Blackhawk

Page generated in 0.03163 seconds with 8 queries