View Single Post
Old April 22, 2012, 02:53 PM   #24
ZVP

I got into this hobby/sport to slow down the waste of ammo and to get to handle my guns more!
By loading loose powder I get 5 or 6 chances more to handle my revolvers every cylinderfull. I also get to weigh each chamber to exactlly the charge I have found works best. I load the measure and tap it a little to set the powder to a leveled spout full. This is the closest to actually weighing each charge I can get and considering the accuracy of the revolvers I shoot, gives me a VERY consistant load.
Using loose powder and a felt wad I can be assured of no airgaps or voids around the powder charge as I seat the ball home. I fear incomplete crushing of the pills and fear getting an airgap by a partilly crushed pill. I load for consistancy and depend on it for accuracy.
I'm in no hurry to get my cylinders reloaded and can afford the extremes I deploy since I am not under fire as were our forefathers. I can understand their necessarilly hurried reloading tactics.
For our purposes, just what are we in a hurry to reload for anyhow? One can reload with loose powder within a reasonable time for CAS Shooting and especally for plinking or small game hunting.
JMHO,
ZVP

Page generated in 0.02184 seconds with 8 queries