View Single Post
Old May 13, 2001, 09:27 AM   #8
teufelmann55

Disconnector Check

In addition to the above mentioned checks I perform a disconnector check. After checking to insure the chamber is unloaded check the thumb safety, grip safety, and disconnector by pushing the muzzle of the gun into my palm (it pushes the slide rearward about .25" and restricts seperation of bbl. from slide and pushes the discon. down to disengage the sear from the trigger)if the hammer drops when the trigger is pulled in this condition then there is a problem (usu. the discon. is not working properly-then take to a competant gunsmith to have fixed)-I cannot stress enough though to insure that the pistol is unloaded and it is unwise to keep any ammo in the area where you clean and function check your guns to prevent any accidental discharges.

I am in question though about how to lower a trigger pull to 3 1/2#, make it creep free and a crisp or a rolled break on the trigger on a NRA Bullseye Competition only gun without squaring and lowering the hammer hooks to a certain height? or changing the sear angles to insure squareness and improve sear engagement into the hammer hooks?-But minding that a very knowledgable pistolsmith is required to insure that the weapon is done correctly and not "Billy-Bob-the-shade-tree-pistolsmith" does it. But once it is done there are certain things that the shooter must be aware of also to insure that the trigger stays good and safe. A good trigger pull in bullseye can make alot of difference.

Page generated in 0.03239 seconds with 8 queries