View Single Post
Old September 24, 2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Psychbiker

Spikes 18" SPR for 3 gun?

Well I recently got hosed on a different online classifieds where I was gonna buy a complete 18" AR and now need to find a complete upper to go with my lonely lower.

I want to get into 3 gun. I'm not sure how much I'll do but I'll at least do one.

That being said, how are 18" SPR uppers for 3 gun?

Specifically I'm looking at an 18" Spike Upper. I can get it for around $725 shipped.

Here is the link. Do you think this is too heavy for 3 gun? The barrels are 38oz. I've heard some having it fluted to take out weight.

http://www.dallasshootingsupplies.com/products/Spike's-Tactical-18%22-SPR-Upper.html

Quote:
Product Description
Spike's Tactical M4 flat top upper receiver, Machined from a 7075 T6 Mil-Spec Forging with Mil-Spec Type III Hardcoat Anodized finish, T-markings, our logo and M4 feed ramps.
Lothar Walther Barrel, LW-50 Stainless, M4 barrel extention, Polygon Rifling, .223 Wylde Chamber, 1:8 Twist, Natural Stainless finish (shown) or black Ionbond.
Proprietary Contour with Mid-length gas system.
The M16 carriers are Chrome lined with a Mil-Spec phosphate finish.
Forged Mil-Spec carrier key, Chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 hardware and Properly staked.
MP tested bolt, Each extractor is fitted with a Mil-Spec black insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring.
Low Profile Gas block.
Daniel Defense 12.0 Lite Rail.
Forged Mil-Spec charging handle.
A2 Flash Hider.
Each upper comes with an ST-T2 buffer.

Page generated in 0.02399 seconds with 8 queries