View Single Post
Old November 28, 2009, 11:40 PM   #1
jg0001

Florida (Non-Resident) Concealed Weapon ID issued in under 3 weeks

FYI: for those keeping score on the Florida non-resident concealed carry permits... it was bandied about that it was taking up to 6 months for turnaround... a recent experience suggest otherwise (<3 weeks):

[This is on a brand new issuance to someone who does not have a permit in their own state.]

mailing of submission: Nov 11 (2009)
date on issued id: Nov 24
date recvd in mail: Nov 28

Photo done manually. Fingerprints also done manually (i.e. not using the electronic fingerprint submission mentioned in the FL docs). NRA safety course certificate used for the necessary training doc. Everything sent regular mail.

I'd say that's pretty damn good. And the receiver in question is just a regular citizen. A second individual that I know sent his in around the same time (that person lives in different state than the first). We shall see if his timing is similar.

In case anyone's keeping score, the docs in the package also listed 33 states in which the FL CWL is good, not including Florida (so 34 total), but a number of those states are footnoted to show that they only accept the FL CWL from FL residents. Taking out the states that require FL residence, the # drops to 30 states (incl FL).

Lastly, I found it very satisfying to know that nothing on the CWL itself states "non-resident" -- other than the fact that your address on it isn't in Florida. That's a nice touch, IMO, to avoid having someone dismiss it as 'not a real' CWL permit outside of FL.

Also, and this isn't a joke, the Florida agriculture commissioner listed on all of the FL docs is Charles H. Bronson. Anyone know if that's the actor? I found it amusing that the most desirable multi-state ID gets issued by (someone with the same name as) Mr Death Wish himself. Anti-gunners looking at the CWL would probably think it was fake based on that name. [** EDIT: The actor, Charles Bronson, died in 2003, so, I'm guessing it's not him. **]

Last edited by jg0001; November 30, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

Page generated in 0.03309 seconds with 8 queries