Thread: boots and camo
View Single Post
Old December 4, 2006, 10:06 AM   #6
Clayfish

Camo matching is not important. Heck, camo is not important. Camo is a relativly new creation and many more deer and other game have fallen to hunters without camo than with it over the centuries. As a matter of fact the standard hunting apparel 50 years ago was wool pants and a flannel jacket. The idea behind camo is to break up your silohette and the flannel will break it up just as well. I've killed deer in jeans and patterned shirts just as well as I've killed them in matching camo. Deer are color blind and really don't see that well. Their eyes are tuned to movement so as long as you are still you can shoot them in a santa costume if you wanted. We as hunters can be the most gulible consumers out there. We spend thousands of dollars yearly on things we don't need like gum-o-flage and the deer-view-mirror. Try to get back to basics. I challenge each and every one of you to go hunting, just once, like your grandfather did in flannel and wool and just carry your gun. No deer urine or grunt calls. Just a gun and a knife.

Just to add, I do usually wear camo but it doesn't always match and I've killed plenty of deer.

Page generated in 0.02262 seconds with 8 queries