View Single Post
Old November 15, 2009, 01:00 AM   #12
armoredman

I did armored work for 8.5 years - hence, the screen name. I saw some incredibly lazy and complacent co-workers, especially with Wells Fargo Armored Service Company. When I worked for Armored Transport, then ATS, we were much better equipped and trained. I wore a concealable vest, no sense advertising, "Shoot me in the head", and none of our rigs were robbed at my branch while I worked there. I was also Ranegnmaster and firearms instructor for a while.
One thing we did, was when the "season" hit, (one week before Thanksgiving to first week in January), we were authorized by da boss to display extra firepower. Gun racks went up in every truck, and we had personally owned AKs, ARs, Mini-14s, you name it, hanging out for the public to see. Lots of eyes popping open at that. Never know if it deterred a robbery, but it never happened. Almost every one of us carried a back up or two, as well. One thing that was a pain was convincing the new kids that the badge, gun and radio did not make them a cop, so don't try to act like one!
I would go through a mall, one hand on my coal bag, one hand on my sidearm, and hope nobody stole my wallet, because I was all out of hands! My wife hated that job, and was soooo happy when I left that line of work, but it really can be a fun job, with the right outfit.

Page generated in 0.02290 seconds with 8 queries