View Single Post
Old April 9, 2013, 04:22 AM   #38
stephen426

BlueEyeVisage,

Funny that the article mentions Action Target since that is what my partner showed me the other day. I guess there is no need for me to recreate the wheel! Broward has so many ranges, but Dade county is so under-served.

The range in Palm City sounds interesting. Is it the Stuart Shooting Center? We plan on hitting a bunch of different ranges to get ideas but Stuart is a bit of a haul. 8 lanes sounds way too small to me though. (Stuart Shooting Center listed it at 10 stalls) I imagine there would be a lot of waiting. At $19 an hour, they max out at $190 an hour in lane rental. If they charge just a little more than Walmart, they probably only make a couple of bucks each box they sell. Lets say that brought it up to $25 per hour per revenue and they operated at full capacity. That would be $250/hour x 10(?) hours = $2500/ day max unless they sold guns and incidentals. In reality, I imagine a range would be hard pressed to be occupied more than 65% of the time (total number of lanes x total hours of operation/ amount of lane hours rented). That would be $1625/day or just under $600K a year.

Lotus Gunworks sounds pretty cool. We may have to make a trip up after all! I'll message you if we go up. It would be great to meet fellow TFLers in person?

Thanks for the encouragement!

Page generated in 0.03507 seconds with 8 queries