View Single Post
Old July 27, 2012, 09:59 PM   #6
lostagain

I will admit to being a strong proponent of the Shield. I started with the CW9 and liked it. Recoil is reasonable because of the killer strong spring. It lacks a bit in finishing details in that mine came with machining burs and sharp edges. I actually sliced my fingers doing racking and clearing drills during training. My wife began to show interest in shooting but could not rack the slide due to the recoil spring. If she could not shoot it if needed it had to go.

Tried several compact guns which each would have been fine but shot the Glock 26 just a bit better. Wife liked it so we bought 2 . As she got more experience she realized she was having to reach a little further to the trigger on the G26 than she would like. She shot it well but she has smaller hands than I do. I still carry it and my only complaint which is minor is the more squared rear of the slide. On occasion it seems my shirt will set on it rather than slide around it like with the CW9. Other wise great gun and lighter recoil than the CW9. Longer range sessions are not a problem on the hand.

When the Shield came out the feature list was impressive and the recoil was noted as mild. We came across one in a LGS and bought it. Cleaned it and took it to the range and it shot great and the recoil is noticeably less than the G26. Recoil is definately mild and would recommend to anyone adverse to recoil. BTW my wife shot the Ruger LC9 and said she wanted nothing to do with it after a few mags. It hurt. Shield is nicely shaped with a nice trigger and sights.

So apart from a couple less rounds than the G26 the Shield is a ideal choice. If it had been around when I switched from the CW9 we would have two of those and been totally happy. Hopefully you will get a chance to shoot each. I know 3 people who shot this one and are actively looking for one now.

Page generated in 0.03035 seconds with 8 queries