View Single Post
Old November 4, 2010, 02:00 AM   #7
ace4059

No sorry guys, I do not work for Ruger.

One thing I did not put in the review is about the trigger safety with the mag out. I am not a big fan of this, but I can see why they would put it in there. But again, I am not going to worry about this since it is only a target pistol.

But I do like the loaded chamber indicator on a target gun.

The gun scrubber was an older can. I have not bought a new can in awhile. I did get a can of the Winchester knock off. I found out the hard way that Winchester Break Free Powder Blaster Gun Cleaner, in the spray can (like Gun Scrubber) is worse, and it really melts the plastic. I guess I have to be a little more careful cleaning the gun

I am going to head out to the range tomorrow with the gf and put another 500 rds through this gun.

As for the 22/45, I looked at it in the gun store. It was about $40 cheaper, but I did not like (let me restate that, I hated) the grip and handle of it. That's why I got the metal framed MK III and it just has the plastic grips. The 22/45 has the poly lower with the fixed, non interchangeable grips. The grip of the 22/45 seemed too stinny and it was too "squared" The lower metal "regular" MK III has more of a slanted handle, that is more rounded. This just felt better in my hand.

here a pic of the sight. It looks like the front sight is small, but in reality the front sight takes up the entire slot in the back when viewing it at arms length. This makes it harder to hit the 8" pie plates at 50+ yds. I wish the sights were hair thin to make accurate shots more easily.

If anyone wants anymore info/pics or has any questions feel free to ask.

-Ryan

Last edited by ace4059; November 4, 2010 at 02:22 AM.

Page generated in 0.03729 seconds with 8 queries