Thread: Mosin Nagant
View Single Post
Old April 8, 2009, 12:34 PM   #17
Ac1d0v3r1d3

Quote:
You said you had some split cases. Assuming you see the same splitting I do, from the neck of the case down into the first third of the case. If so those splits exist before the round is fired and can be found by side loading the projectile with your thumb as you hold the brass in your hand. Any projectile that moves in the neck during this test has a split case. The problem with split cases is the tiny bits of brass that may be left in the gun when the case splits. Which could have been the cause of your jam.
Clean it good and shoot it again.
Since, in this case, my ammo is older than i am i generally check each round before i load it. I've found some unfired rounds that had a split from the neck down the side of the case. Those of course i don't load into the gun. But the splits that I've had in fired cases have all been near the base of the case, about 1/3 to 1/4 of the way up.

Jimro, funny, i think of yojimbo as a pocket knife. But yeah i hear what your saying.

Page generated in 0.03648 seconds with 8 queries