View Single Post
Old November 7, 2013, 01:44 AM   #1
jhong789

Handgun Purchase denied PLZ HELP ME !

hi all, new member here and fairly new gun owner. I live in the California. I purchased my first firearm (AR15) about 50 days ago. I had no problems with the background check or anything. Next I decided to purchase a handgun which i got a good deal on from an out of state friend. My friend sent it to my local FFL.
I went to the FFL and filled out the normal paperwork, and 4 days later I got a call saying I am denied. This shocked me, I was further frustrated because it seemed like I cant contact anyone for an answer to this problem. I have never been convicted of a felony, Im not mentally ill, nor do i have a anything to do with domestic violence.
Reading other ppls experience online, I realized it might be something on my driving record, I then went to the DMV to get a record. My record there is completely clean. The only thing is a speeding ticket that was paid 10 years ago.
As a minor I got busted driving my parents car without a license, but that was almost 20 years ago. And it is just puzzling how they can approve me for an rifle but denied for a pistol. I have had 3 background checks in the past 3 months besides this one. 2 for work, and 1 for the ar15. In California you can only purchase 1 handgun every 30 days, but that doesn't apply to long guns, so it has nothing to do with buying multiple firearms.
Plz if anyone here has had this experience or can help me figure out what it might be and what i can do about it, or even how I can reach a real person at the DOJ or NICS.

Last edited by Frank Ettin; November 7, 2013 at 07:39 AM.

Page generated in 0.02031 seconds with 8 queries