View Single Post
Old January 19, 2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Malamute

Look up the blue book value and number made. If its not terrifically valuable, and comparatively few made, I say shoot it. I've shot a number of new in the box Winchetsr 94 commemoratives. Most shoot very well, and are nicer to look at than the similar standard grade guns. I understand that there's some financial loss, but there is with any new gun. Weigh the cost, decide if its worth it to you, and make a decision.

I've shot 2 or 3 NIB Bufffalo Bill commemoratives, several Canadian Centennials, and a couple others I've forgotten. I have no regrets on any of them. I enjoyed them all very much while I owned them. Some of the 26" octagon rifle versions are the only practical way to own a excellent condition shooter version of that model and type. They are generally priced pretty reasonably compared to standard grade guns. Many of the commemoratives never really took off in price. I still see new in the box, 1960's vintage 26" barreled commemorative rifles in the $600 range, up from the $500 range a few years ago.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Page generated in 0.03439 seconds with 8 queries