View Single Post
Old March 22, 2011, 01:22 AM   #3
SifuGun

Thank You for Your reply 4EVERM-14. It has shed plenty of light on the subject.

Thank You for Your reply 4EVERM-14. It has shed plenty of light on the subject.

I have re-quoted the reply with an answer to your question. And some more inquiries on my part, hope you don't mind.

Sifugun,
Is this an official score card for the match or something just for the shooter?

I will use this to practice my marksmanship. If I enter a contest I'll be that much more prepared.

What you have is a page from a Data/Score book. These are the bible for competition shooters. Fill out the top part with information about the gun/ammo you're using. Conditions at the range [light,wind direction,etc.] Fill in the rifle dope in the Elevation/Windage box. How many clicks up, left/right etc.

In the box that saids "Elevation Zero" and "Windage Zero" what would we enter there? Is the elevation zero box asking for the range in yards we zeroed the rifle, load, and scope at?

The boxes with the circle is for your CALL. Put a dot to indicate where on the target you expect that shot to be. In the value box place the actual shot value once the target is scored. If the range has pits you will get a value and location for each shot fired. The big target is for the location of the shot. A lot of folks[myself included] put a small number which relates to the shot in the string. Keeping a sheet like this will be very beneficial as you can refer to it in the future.

Why does each shot string column have a place for elevation and windage? Will the elevation and windage change for each shot? Or are those boxes there just in case we change the elevation and windage?

And the "MM/Sights" box along with the "Sights, E/W on" box have something to do with the "Diopter sight" used for This type of competition shooting. I will not ask for an elaboration on these. I guess if I enter a competition like these where all shooting is done with iron sights, I'll look into becoming an expert with the "Diopter sight".

Thanks again, I know these are a lot of questions. Please answer it the easiest way you can find. Maybe you can direct us to some info. on the internet that might be useful.

Sincerely,
SifuGun.

Page generated in 0.02727 seconds with 8 queries