Thread: The Rule of Law
View Single Post
Old November 27, 2008, 07:21 PM   #1
rampage841512

The Rule of Law

Many believe that in order to have a working society the rule of law must be respected. I've accepted this as a given. However, it's my personal stance that the rule of law is not absolute. This stance is the result of a strongly held conviction that there is a moral foundation to the law, but that the law can be subverted from that morality to be used to spread injustice the same way any tool created by man can be used for an immoral purpose.

I'm curious as to other members stance on the rule of law. I've seen post in many of the forums that lead me to conclude there are a number of different stances, and I admit to curiosity about why people think differently on the subject than I do. As a student of philosophy I know that the criticism of others is usually the best way to refine your own ideas, arguements, and beliefs. So, please share.

On a side note, I'd like to say that this post is not intended as some kind of trojan horse for a call to arms or similar action. The goal is nothing more than a healthy debate about the rule of law. Whatever actions one may think are necessary in order to combat injustice are another subject entirely.

Page generated in 0.02131 seconds with 8 queries