View Single Post
Old April 9, 2014, 08:37 AM   #19
us.marine

Range Trip

Went to the range yesterday. Did some 500 yard steel gong shooting. Fun!

I did shoot at 100 yards to try sight-in the rifle as close as I could to center bullseye. The adjustments of the scope are really bad. I was shooting sub-moa anyways, but the erratic adjustments did not allow me to move shots just right to be dead center. Sometimes I would adjust half inch to the right, first shot dead center, then the following two would be really close ragged holes 2 inches away from the original shot. The same happened with the elevation adjustments. I always tap the scope several times after adjusting. Did not work.

Anyways, Boyds just came out with the Mauser 98 inlet for the tactical stock I wanted, their "Tacticool" design, so hopefully I will be ordering one of those next week, with custom length of pull. I am a little guy, so the standard length does not work with me. I had the same problem with M-16's in the Corps. I am going to settle for a Vortex PST 6-24X50, apparently they are really good scopes for the money. I wanted a Leupold or a NightForce, but I can't realistically afford that.

More updates will follow as soon I get the new stock and scope. Will upload pictures of the stock fitting and painting procedures.

Only God can judge terrorists. We arrange the meetings... US Marines.

Page generated in 0.03351 seconds with 8 queries