View Single Post
Old July 22, 2013, 12:58 PM   #18
Theohazard

Quote:
Levant posted
The point of no refunds on special orders is to keep the shop from getting stuck with inventory they can't sell. If the store hasn't lost any money, they have no right to refuse the cancellation.
I agree, which is why I would refund the OP's money. But I was only pointing out why it's not unusual that some shops won't do refunds on special orders.

Like I said, situations like this are the reason why many shops hate taking special orders, especially during times of huge demand and low supply.

The next time I have a customer who asks to order an item that's not in stock at any distributer and gets annoyed when I won't; instead of politely explaining why I won't like I usually do, maybe I should just show him this thread.

Sure, considering the OP doesn't seem to understand how hard it's been to get guns over the last six months, the shop should cut its losses and just refund his money. But in my opinion their biggest mistake was offering to special order something that wasn't in stock at a distributer during the biggest run on guns in history.

Good customer service should be a priority at any LGS, but sometimes you have to chose between two options, both of which may upset the customer: You can refuse to do a special order or you can do the special order and then have it take forever to come in. Either way, the customer's not going to be happy.

Page generated in 0.02753 seconds with 8 queries