View Single Post
Old November 3, 2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Cowboy_mo

Update on my trophy shipping.

Well, I must have rattled the correct cages. I have now received emailed apologies from upper level Flora & Fauna people and a telephone call apology from the account exec from YRC trucking for Flora & Fauna. Best news is that I will be getting $150 refund on the USA shipping costs since I picked up the package at the YRC dock in St. Louis.

To you guys who are thinking about Africa, I suggest you check out Wayne Wagner Safaris http://www.wagnersafaris.co.za/ .

Regarding the cost, I spent 10 days in South Africa with Wagner Safaris. I took 5 animals (see original post for a list) and had 1 to 1 guide service. Including the airfare, safari fees, trophy fees, taxidermy, and shipping, the trip was around $13,500. Now, that may sound high to some but check out the cost of a really nice elk hunt in the states and you're looking around $10,000 plus your travel to the site and your taxidermy if you take an animal. However, you are still out the cost of the hunt plus the travel even if you don't pull a trigger.

Someone earlier quoted 8-10K for taking a giraffe and I can tell you that is way high. The trophy fee for a giraffe is $2500 with Wayne and they are so plentiful, it certainly won't take 10 days to get a really nice one.

As someone suggested earlier, many fine outfitters from around the world (including Wayne Wagner) attend the SCI convention every year. You can meet face to face and decide what you want to do. IMO, every hunter should put a trip to Africa on his/her bucket list. It is well worth it just to see all the different species and number of great animals they have.

Page generated in 0.02420 seconds with 8 queries