View Single Post
Old October 27, 2010, 02:48 PM   #193
markj

Quote:
If you are the kind of person who would act to protect your family, your friends, and other innocent people around you when their lives are threatened, then you need more training than if you are the kind of person who would not. Someone who would not intervene to save others does not need as much skill as someone who would.
How much training? I said a person should know how to load, unload, and shoot a target 7 yards or so in a safe manner. Thisis the qualifier here in Iowa and Nebraska too from what I have heard.

I feel this is enough for most CCW people. There are some tho that would take and pay for the highest training available and I say go for it, but, do not try to tell a person they absolutly have to have it to use a weapon in a SD situation involving the family.

Now there are some states that need no training or even shoot a target. Many feel this is the way it should be, specially those that live in them states.

I will say this, awareness is a higher priority to me in any SD situation, I would hate to shoot someone I didnt really have too or need to or thought it was someone else or.....

Page generated in 0.02385 seconds with 8 queries