View Single Post
Old August 28, 2009, 11:54 AM   #2
Citywaterman

I'm new to casting myself, probably close to 6 months now. I cast with the same mold that you have TL358-158 SWC except it's a double cavity. I have both the SWC and the round nose (tumble lube type). I posted some photos in the Bullet photo's thread. I size all my bullets, although I have been told it's not necessary. I bought my sizing die from Kempf gun shop web site http://www.kempfgunshop.com/. Search for Lube and sizing dies. I just checked and they go for $15.95 each (you have to select the caliber) plus some shipping. The kit comes with the sizing die, a red container that sits on top of the die (to catch the bullets) and a 4oz bottle of Alox lube. It's a family owned business and Sue Kempf gives the best customer service after the sale. I also bought a Lee reloader press $24.95 to use exclusively for sizing bullets. It's not a heavy duty press, but perfect to use for sizing. Well worth the money.

If your bullets stick, smoke the mold. I lite a wooden match and let the soot coat the inside of the mold. Works great.
Take care, Citywaterman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lee sizing die.JPG (59.9 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by Citywaterman; August 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: photo edit

Page generated in 0.03611 seconds with 9 queries