View Single Post
Old August 13, 2012, 03:42 PM   #88
edteach

I have heard several people complain about the followers breaking or cracking. I talked with one guy at the range a week ago that said the bottom cracked and fell off. I have not had any problems with the mags except that the CW9 only came with one. Kahr acts like they are just offering you a less expensive gun, how much does it cost Kahr for a mag? 8 bucks? 10? So add ten bucks to the gun and save people the trouble of shopping for a second mag. Its a stupid way of saving money.

My personal opinion is that all the supposed savings they use to say its a way of saving money, is a way of saving face and dropping the price of their way over priced guns. By saying we want to get people who can not afford a high quality Kahr, the ability to buy one of our guns, we did XY&Z to make them more affordable. I don't believe that by making the corners of the slide camphor instead of an OG, and dropping a mag, and doing standard rifling instead of poly takes a gun that sells for 800 to 360.

Even though its a marketing scam IMO, its a way to keep selling guns over priced to those who are dumb enough to spend more money on something they are not getting, and also capture some of the market where people actually want something for their money. This is why I never looked at Kahr in the first place. I never saw their guns as being worth what they were asking for them.

How is a Kahr PM worth 750 but a Glock 26 is 499? Look at the Rorbough 9mm. asking price is 1000 or more. I mean what the heck do they do to make it worth that kind of money? Is it gold inside? Its too small to handle well for a 9mm. I have held them and I have med. hands. Its about the size of a TCP and I have watched people shoot them and the range and they almost jump out of their hands. Its almost like the joke on SNL where they kept making the phones smaller until you needed a tooth pick stylus to punch the numbers.

Page generated in 0.03187 seconds with 8 queries