View Single Post
Old February 27, 2014, 07:49 PM   #14
Auto5

I grew up hunting and trap shooting with shotguns, but a short barrel 12 gauge pump with a lightweight collapsible stock is downright unpleasant to shoot with buckshot loads, especially since I broke my collarbone in a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago. I went back to the standard stock on my HD shotgun. Since I live in a jurisdiction which restricts "assault weapons", I have a lever action .44 mag. If I can't solve a problem with 10 rounds of .44 magnum, odds are I can't solve it with 30 rounds of 5.56 mm either. I have a female friend who couldn't/wouldn't shoot a handgun. She ended up buying a Ruger 10/22 with an extended magazine for home defense. The .22 wouldn't be my first choice, but she has two pitbulls, so I think she'll be ok. Any of the semiauto pistol caliber carbines: Beretta, Marlin Camp 9, or even the lowly Hi Point would be a good choice too.

Page generated in 0.03615 seconds with 8 queries