View Single Post
Old October 25, 2010, 03:37 PM   #168
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by markj
OK, how many times have you had to pull a weapon in SD? For most folks the answer will be never...
Then why even carry a gun? But if you are going to carry a lethal weapon in public, or keep one at home for self defense, at least bother to learn to use it safely and skillfully, and to know the applicable laws regarding its use, whether you are required by law or not.

Quote:
...Once again we are talking about carring a gun concealed for personal protection. Not going after criminals, not breeching a doorway, not to protect every person in the immediate area....
Yes, we are talking about carrying a gun for personal protection -- not chasing crooks or being a member of a dynamic entry team. But if the time ever comes that you will have to defend yourself or a loved one from a potentially lethal attack, how good are you going to need to be to be able to do so successfully?

The reality is that since you don't know what will happen, or how, you have no idea how good you're going to have to be. The better prepared you are, the more likely you'll be successful.

Quote:
...I know I am not a rambo. nor do I intend to ever be...
Neither am I, and the classes I've taken, and my regular practice, certainly haven't come close to making me one. But I sure am more competent with my weapon than I was when I started to get my education in these matters. And I sure have a better idea of what I know, and don't know, and what I can do, and not do, than I had when I started to get my education in these matters.

Page generated in 0.02438 seconds with 8 queries