View Single Post
Old December 1, 2011, 06:45 AM   #48
Glenn Dee

I seem to remember that we've done this subject.

I understand the emotional points of view. But some of the facts seem to getting lost in the argument. The police did in fact have a perfectly legal warrant to search the premis. The police did warn him before they entered. They surrounded the home with marked police vehicals. They whooped their sirens. The actually did knock on the door and announce. The same team had earlier served his brothers home a block or so away. This warrant was part on a larger on-going investigation.

In most jurisdictions getting a warrant to search is a fairly complicated affair. If the local justice is handing out no-knocks like haloween candy... Thats a problem of the local community. You get who you vote for.

In 25 years as a police officer and detective, I have obtained and served well over a hundred warrants to search. Maybe three or four were no knocks that I can remember. 90% of the time myself and a partner would knock on the door. Present our creds, and the warrant. Most people would just direct us to what were looking for.

My personal advise to any and everyone is this. If you point a gun at the police you can expect to be at least shot at. Not just swat... any policeman.

I'm probably a stronger critic of the police, and their modern technique than anyone here. I absoloutly hate the militerization, and politicalization (is that a word?) of the police. I'm a police purist who believes the police work for, and must answer to the people. But this IMO is a case of things working as they should. I'm sorry for the death of any person. Especially at the hands of the state. The fact that this guy was a marine has absoloutly nothing to do with anything. If that fact concerns anyone I suggest you find a homeless vet. and feed him. They all deserve better.

Page generated in 0.02257 seconds with 8 queries