Thread: Glock Jam?
View Single Post
Old April 21, 2009, 10:47 AM   #15
NYPD13

My dept issues the Sig226, S&W5946, and Glock19. By far the majority of the malfunctions have been with the Glock including the dreaded phase 3 which only the 19 suffers(special malfunction drills tought to those issued the Glock). You know there is a real world problem when the largest Police Dept in the nation threatens to cancel thier Glock contract and replace it with Ruger, and only then did Glock admit there was a design flaw and spent nearly a year repairing 27,000 pistols(new extractor and recut ejection port I believe).
Outside of Glock bashing, not all cops care for thier weapons like they should(you wouldn't believe what I've seen at the range). Dirty lint filled pistols will jam eventually. Dry guns left in holsters for long periods of time, etc.
Also the dynamics of a actual gunfight will introduce unpredictable variables such as slides catching on loose clothing or other uniform items not used at range training, awkward shooting positions(limp wristing), close contact(fail to return to battery), etc.
I personally had nothing but problems with a G23 and couldn't get through a single mag without a failure of some sort. From that personal experience I don't trust them. Might own one, but will never carry one.

Page generated in 0.02830 seconds with 8 queries