View Single Post
Old October 2, 2012, 04:32 PM   #33
Mike / Tx

Ronz,

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but looking at what you are planning to mix up, well it seems like way more work than is necessary.

If you are going to pan lube, and want something that is plenty easy to use and not overly expensive and will work right off the bat, I highly suggest looking up White Label Lubes. Either contact Glen first and explain what your looking at doing and ask what they recommend, or read through the different descriptions on his site and pick either Carnuba Red or BAC. Either one will cover your velocity range as well as probably one or two more.

As for the 45/45/10, I am really surprised that it isn't working on it's own, but could be several things which are keeping it from it.

I haven't topped 1800fps with it yet, but I have breached a solid 1750 using it through my Raging Bull in 454. While I don't normally run my loads that fast, I tested it simply to be sure that I wasn't going to have any issues if I did. I didn't want to find myself out in the middle of BFE in the country shooting up the hogs and have my barrel fill up with lead I wouldn't be able to get out until I got home.

Anyway, if you want to try out some of the lubes that White Label sells, you can also ask them to send you a sample. While it won't be enough to do a bunch of bullets, it is enough to find out if it works or not. I think they sent me a piece of a stick of CR which was about 2-3" long, and the same with the BAC. Both worked really well but I liked how the CR was more or less dry to the touch rather than tacky feeling. I tried it in a couple of loads through my 454 and then purchased probably enough to last me several years. (especially since I haven't used it on anything yet) My plan is to use it for some cast bullets in my Contender's. I have a 7x30 Waters, several .357's, a 44 mag, and a 30-30 AI that I am doing a bit of research on to decide which mold I want to get for it.

So I guess the jest of all this is the KISS theory, or the more basic it is the easier it is to use.

Page generated in 0.03724 seconds with 8 queries