View Single Post
Old November 1, 2013, 12:42 PM   #9
Rimfire5

Savage Model 10 FCP-K is a 24 inch barrel with a 2 inch muzzle brake.
It shoots great out of the box. I have a .308 and my son has both the .308 and .223. I also have a 10 FP (old 24 inch barrel version) without the AccuStock but with the AccuTrigger. Both of our 10 FCP-Ks are slightly more accurate than the older 10 FP if you measure with a caliper over a large number of groups.
Two of my buddies bought a 10 FCP from Dick's - they have a 24 inch model with a fluted barrel made by Savage for them - and both shot great out of the box for just over $ 600. That is a really good deal on a good shooting rifle.
Between myself and my son and 4 range buddies, we have a total of 9Savage Model 10s - 7 of them are .308s and 1 Model 12. All of the Savages shot great right out of the box and all are factory.

My Remington 700 SPS was cheaper to purchase but needed a better trigger (I bought a Timney) and a sturdier stock (I bought a Boyd and Carlson Medalist). I got a great shooting rifle after the modifications. It cost about the same amount as the Savage and gained about 0.25 inches in accuracy with the trigger and stock replacements. It now shoots on par with the Savage for about the same total price and about $150 more than the Dick's specials.

It depends on whether you want an out of the box shooter or want to modify your rifle to make it shoot well.

Page generated in 0.03100 seconds with 8 queries