View Single Post
Old April 29, 2014, 04:22 PM   #6
NavyVet1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
Yeah... it's a PITA. If you NEED to quote someone then you must 1. create the appropriate tags, 2. copy the original poster, 3. post them in the first tag, 4. copy the original text, 5. paste that text between the tags.

It's a silly and unnecessary stonewall, IMO. Now, I'm expecting a PM telling me I've received a "warning".
I right click on the post number in the original thread and select "Open link in new tab". This gives me just that post so I can easily copy from it.
I then go back to the original tab and click "reply".
From there, I create the basic "quote" block and cut-and-paste the originating author from the other tab along with the thread number from the URL in the other tab and then whatever portion of the text that I want to quote.

It's definitely more of a pain than just being able to press the "reply with quote" button, but I believe that it is necessary to do it so that people will know what you are replying to since often you are not replying to just the post previous to your new one.
When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...
https://sites.google.com/site/navyvet1959

Page generated in 0.02739 seconds with 8 queries