Thread: Howdy!
View Single Post
Old April 2, 2014, 05:26 PM   #4
Mike / Tx

Welcome aboard neighbor, well sort of anyway. I'm in the H-town area but I have family up in your neck of the woods, and a bit SE of you in the Palestine area.

As mentioned and I am sure will be repeated in more post on down the line, set you up a shelf and start picking up a manual here and there along the way as well. I have about 4' on tow shelves of them and still have to look around once in a while.

Also look up the powder manufacturer sites as well. Most if not all of them now have online data which can be downloaded.

Keep things simple at first no need in trying to push the limits of pressure or speed. Take plenty of time, and you will enjoy it more than having to come ask questions repeatedly. Look at your load development from an accuracy point of view and work towards that more than anything else. Nothing in this world will know the difference of 50 - 100fps in your loads. A miss at light speed is still a miss. Most of your lower to mid ranged loads will be easier on you to shoot as well as your firearm, not to mention they are usually the more accurate ones as well.

Last thing is there are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of repetitive ones, and there are even more that can easily be answered by the search feature on most of the forums or by an hour or less reading through those above mentioned manuals.

I've been loading for over 40yrs but I am still learning, so don't get tied up and frustrated. Just keep it simple and safe and you will do fine.

Page generated in 0.03505 seconds with 8 queries