View Single Post
Old July 29, 2008, 08:14 PM   #30
tirvin73

Erik

Yes on demand every time. Split second distinction, no problem. I am able to verify shoot, no shoot targets under pressure with very quick transitions. It also lends well to low and no light shooting. A quick pulse from my Surefire is all it takes to determine threat priority. There is no longer double vision using night sights in poor lighting. This is where the struggle began. Brand new night sights installed on my Glock, left me seeing two front and two rear sights together. Imagine that under high stress. With practice, I am now able to see one set of sights and one target. Longer range (25-50 yds) the front sight is clear and sharp. The target is in focus, the front sight appears to be "projected" onto the target. Slow cadence, deliberate fire, is a lot easier now and my accuracy has increased. The ability to determine whether the front sight is properly situated on the target has increased as well. You no longer shift focus from target i.d. to front sight. One shooter,after a CCW match this weekend,told me he became confused in the array of shoot/no shoot targets.His ability to shift focus, from front sight to target, was not quick enough to determine shoot or not to shoot. He shot. Imagine how this would have turned out on the "street". I have discussed this with that shooter. He also does not understand how I see what I see. He does not believe I can't, only why he can't. As far as the "go" signal is concerned I no longer focus on a "spot" on the target. Look away or off to one side without "eye contact". When the signal has been given I can direct my attention to the target, (hands,gun,knife,whatever) wait for the front sight and target and break the shot. It did not come in a flash, only from determination to solve a problem.

Page generated in 0.02447 seconds with 8 queries