View Single Post
Old January 20, 2014, 12:06 AM   #122
Theohazard

But there are already companies making cheap silencers. And those companies aren't anywhere near as successful as the companies making top-quality, expensive silencers. Where are all those people who you say would jump on the opportunity to buy those silencers? Instead, silencers from the high-end companies are selling very well. The most innovative silencer company out there is Silencerco, and they just made Forbes' list of top 500 fastest-growing companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyosmith
You say "most people are willing to pay top dollar", but the very existence of the question that started this thread is proof that is not so.
Most people (like 99.5%) are NOT willing to pay top dollar or they would be doing so.
OK, let me add to that statement: "Most people who are willing to jump through all the BATFE hoops, wait almost a year, and buy a silencer that they'll never be able to sell are willing to pay top dollar." I've talked to thousands of customers about silencers, and FAR more people are put off by the complicated and lengthy registration process and tax than they are by the cost of the silencer itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyosmith
I am sure (as a successful ex-CEO) that you will find I am right, and you will do a lot better in your profits.
I'm not a manufacturer, I'm just a retailer. We sell what our customers want at the best prices possible and we still don't make as much of a profit on silencers as we do on guns.

If your business model for cornering the market on cheap suppressors was a good one, I would think someone would have done it by now. As much as silencers have increased in popularity in the last decade or so, I find it very difficult to believe that no one has managed to fully capitalize on this market.

Page generated in 0.02975 seconds with 8 queries