View Single Post
Old October 6, 2013, 02:34 PM   #31
snuffy

Quote:
I still think a SST is better. They do great and alot cheaper. If something in testing is just a smidgen better but twice higher is it really better ? Not in my opinion.
Better how, other than price? Better in that they blow up inside, wreck a bunch of meat,(bloodshot), and most times don't penetrate?

A Hornady 154 SST from a 7mm mag, 50-75 yards, yearling whitetail;

I'm holding just the jacket that separated from the core just under the entrance wound on the shoulder.

entrance side shoulder before removing the chuck portion of the leg. Notice the massive bloodshot,,--worthless meat.

Core of the bullet just barely visible under the fat in the offside shoulder, no exit. He was on the run, piled up in a heap DRT. If you want no exit, bloodshot meat, but to drop in the tracks then the SST is for you.

That's all that's left of the bullet. Total disintegration. Not to mention the shards of lead all the way through the deer. Remaining/recovered weight was 30 grains.

I do NOT cheap out when buying bullets! The ammo is a tiny fraction of a total hunting trip. The performance of a bonded or solid copper bullet is worth a few pennies more per shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

139 Hornady interbond recovered from a bigger whitetail buck after being hit in the brisket, the bullet ended up in that back leg, round area. Nearly full length penetration, recovered weight 121.2 grains, expansion .695. Same rifle as in the 154 SST.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02578 seconds with 8 queries