Thread: pacific dies?
View Single Post
Old March 26, 2001, 08:58 AM   #5
dick w. holliday

Sorry to report but you must lube every rifle die-I've even got a dillon 223 in carbide and if you forget to lube the casing it will stick....A word about stuck cases...i've used an RCBS stuck case remover for years and it seems that most of the time when i use it that i tear up something-stuff like break the decapping pin or bend the stem-i've even shattered the carbide expander ball on some decapping rods. When purchasing your rifle dies there are a couple of things you may look for that may make life easier. Try to get a carbide expender ball. not really a must but it will do away with having to lube the inside of the neck. Try to get dies that have a vent hole drilled in the shoulder area-that will let excess lube out and will not cause dimples in the shoulder because the lube collected there. try to get dies that have a bolt head on the top of the decapping stem-that way should you have a stuck case, you can get a wrench and push the casing out with the decapping assembly. I know that dillon dies have all the above and Lee has some of the features mentioned but you may want to give them a call to confirm....sorry to be long winded but i hope this helps...Come to think of it the Pacific/Hornady dies may include the above but i did not check...Good luck Dick

Page generated in 0.03673 seconds with 8 queries