View Single Post
Old February 5, 2009, 08:02 PM   #1
inSight-NEO

"Tactically" equipped HD weapons: More "fuel" for imminent prosecution?

Im not sure if this thread will be considered as something falling within the category of "civil rights" or "law." However, I personally have always been very concerned with the thought of, should I ever need to use a weapon to defend my life or loved ones, how the prosecution and/or jury would react when viewing the weapon used for such an occasion.

Now, the majority of weapons I keep have no additional accessories that might be deemed "politically" incorrect. But, concerning my only 12g shotgun, this is not the case. Below is a pic of this shotgun (as currently outfitted) and needless to say, it does not look tame by any stretch IMHO.

Now, every accessory on this weapon has a practical reason for being on an HD shotgun. I wont go into explaining my reasons for each item. But, if you own a shotgun, Im sure you will get the gist. However....will a jury understand the "need" for such accessories? Or would I simply be seen as one of those "kill crazy" types with some sort of Rambo complex?

Keep in mind, Im not just speaking about a shotgun. This goes for ANY such equipped weapon which may be used for personal defense or home defense.

Any thoughts as to how one would deal with such an issue if placed on trial for homicide? To me, this is a very important question (as it should be for anyone using a weapon for PD/HD).

I apologize for the horrible quality. However, this pic is not for show. Its simply for reference.

Last edited by inSight-NEO; February 5, 2009 at 08:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.03602 seconds with 8 queries