Thread: Trigger Reset
View Single Post
Old August 8, 2008, 09:56 AM   #16
ragwd

Evan1293, That is fast! Thanks for posting the video. The video shows point shooting at close range but you kept all in the center mass, nice shooting.

JohnKSa, you talk about different kinds of triggers. Competition trigger as opposed to service pistol trigger. Which would you use in a CCW pistol and why would you differentiate. I am assuming that a competition trigger isn't safe for CCW. Excuse me if those are naive questions, I have been a casual shooter for a few years and now I am seriously trying to improve and the trigger seems to be most important variable. I have been searching for more info on this topic but not having much luck using Google.

DCJS, thanks for all your info, very helpful. I do agree that there is more than one way to be accurate. But my way isn't working so I am trying to learn more about trigger control especially using the reset, but only one of my pistols have a satisfactory pull and reset, so I have been searching for ways to improve my triggers. Jentra overtravel stop and a different connector and some polishing, some of the changes I am considering. I am sure that practice, practice and more practice will effect my accuracy more. I do take a advanced pistol course every year but we concentrate on shooting from different positions , shooting while moving, multiple targets. I would take your course but I am not LEO and I am several hundred miles from your facilities.

Thanks guys for the info and replies.

Page generated in 0.03512 seconds with 8 queries