View Single Post
Old December 3, 2012, 12:36 AM   #17
Metal god

Quote:
As has already been stated, for strictly paper target work at range I see no advantage for a mil dot reticule. Primarily because, unlike a sniper dealing with time available to shoot and wind/moving targets, your paper will sit still and wind/elevation adjustments can be determined without a time worry. Mil dots are great for human sized targets. Very fine X-hairs at 600 yards are helpful with center x ring aiming.
I agree for the most part however we do it all . range estimation , timed shots , timed to estimate and take the shot .I have done well estimating the range of targets as small as 30" . The math for that is ( inchs x 27.77 divided by the mils = the yards to target ) We do not have a way to make targets move yet so thats out for now . I say 600 to 800 but really i'll be shooting 100 to 1,000 . The problem for me is Im in San Diego and ther are very few public ( BLM ) places to shoot 1,000 yards that I kind find . They are hours away from me , I wish I could just step out my back door and have a range . Im sure we all do .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.02152 seconds with 8 queries