View Single Post
Old November 9, 2012, 01:28 PM   #29
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
My friend believes that women should be more preferential to blades because they would hesitate if they were to use a projectile weapon and cites psychology as her reasoning
Your friend never saw my grandmother with her 30-30 or my wife with my 38 super. My next door neighbor was a petite 5' nothing pregnant lady with a infant child and as anti-gun as she could be but when confronted by a drunk in her dining room one evening she pretty much rearranged the guys face when she jabbed him with the shotgun she didn't want her husband to have. If she would have known how to load it his face would have been gone. 30 years later she is quite the trap shooter, not a champion shot but better than me by far at wing shooting. Anybody want to try and break into her house now?
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02385 seconds with 8 queries