View Single Post
Old February 23, 2006, 11:40 PM   #19
rwilson452

Hodgdon and H-380

I really don't want to repeat what he told me. I don't want to get anyone getting carried away. I suspect they have reformulated H-380. So if you like 380 and want to load it look at their website.

As a final note. I always back off from max load and work my way back up looking for pressure signs. generally speaking when I start to see signs of over pressure, usually primers getting flattened real good that is where I stop. I load for accuracy and have found that without exception the max load is not the most accurate. IMNSHO generally speaking, powders that give the highest load density give the best accuracy. In the rifles I shoot C.O.A.L does as much for aacuracy as anything. In a case as big as a 30-06 +/- .5 grains doesn't mean much. but in smaller cases such as a .223 .3 grains can make a significant difference. I think there is a % of load thing here. So do you need to trickle charge your 30-06 load? not really. but for your .223 I sure would. When I do load development I tricle all loads untill I find the "sweet spot" and just how big it is. If I have enough room to play with that pet load I may not trickle charge.

Page generated in 0.03034 seconds with 8 queries