View Single Post
Old October 31, 2008, 01:25 AM   #7
zippy13

Quote:
BigJimP: The system that is really the way to go if money is no object is a gun with a 12ga barrel - and then buy a 2nd carrier barrel to install the tube sets in for 20, 28, and .410 so the weight of the carrier barrel and the tube sets will match and swing identially the same as the 12 ga barrel.
You got it!
As I said earlier, I'm old school -- got my tubes before carrier barrel came into vogue. And, I got my barrels ported before they invented pipe cleaners.
Luckily, I like a heaver gun, so when the tubes are out a corresponding weight goes on the standard 12-ga barrels.
Good thing I don't want a new carrier set-up: You were right about money being no object. I just did a little surfing, and it seems Perazzi wants just under $4K for a extra barrel set and Kohlar wants $750 to convert it to a carrier barrel plus $1,400 to $1,800 for the tubes. Hal duPont's asking $15.6K for his standard Krieghoff K-80 Skeet with a carrier barrel and tubes (the carrier adds $3,725). Newbie Skeet shooters are going to need some deep pockets if they want carrier barrels.

Scattergun Bob, I don't know what Ruger gets for an extra barrel set, but Kohlar will make another $2K vanish very quickly (the little hammer's included) . Perhaps it's time to bump your 870 police gun prices.

Quote:
BigJimP: I'm getting old, have bad eyes, I'm having a hard time breaking 90 some days ....plus I have to shoot in the rain 10 months a year up here ...give me a break.
I smell a hustle!
I'm old and and have bad eyes, too.
AND, I'm half crippled from humping those 85 lb gun cases! Howz 'bout you spotting me 8 or 10 targets?

Page generated in 0.05640 seconds with 8 queries