View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 06:06 PM   #1
Resq

New Pistol Shooter

So this past week my wife received her pistol license after 9 months of waiting. Here in NY, on Long Island that's the norm. I basically had her apply for the simple principle of none of my friends have a pistol permit and if anything was to happen to me all my pistols would have to be forfeited to the police precinct. She understood my outlook with all the money I had invested. So when she received the permit she asked "When are we going out shooting?" In the past i have brought her out to the range and she used my bolt action .22lr. So when she showed interest I figured time for a new pistol to the family. I always wanted a .22lr. I didn't want to scar her with my 9mm, .357 mag, or .45ACP. So off i went to the store and purchased a new Browning Buck Mark 5.5 inch bull barrel. This weekend I brought her out to the range, I wanted her to "know" how to use them and what to expect from it. Even though she knew the basics, when you actually fire one its much different. After approx 200 rounds of .22, Now I think I created a monster, which isn't a bad thing, it's nice to enjoy a sport together with her. However she is anxiously awaiting the next trip to the range. One thing that made me proud is she did extremely well on the target and even fired 7 rounds out of my S&W 686 of 38 special.

Just needed to vent out. Can't vent out too much to others around here, some are not into it, or are against it. Or even yet some don't even know I have them, as in my and her parents-they are really against it. Hopefully within time I can turn them, they have accepted the rifles.

Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 8 queries