View Single Post
Old October 16, 2012, 09:25 AM   #21
WVsig

Quote:
Why does it matter if it is a "target" gun or a "carry" gun if the gun won't function 100%? If it doesn't work out of the box it doesn't matter what you planned on "using" it for. Either get it fixed or get a refund. This whole "idea" people seem to have that tightly built "target" match pistols are inherently less reliable than a loose pistol is absurd. Reliability has nothing to do with how tightly the gun is fitted. It either works or it doesn't, either way.
Last edited by drail; Yesterday at 07:31 PM.
For target sights are a no go if it is carry gun for me. I want the same sight picture and the same draw in and out of the holsters which is not always achieveable with target adjustable sights. There us a reason comp rigs carry a lot further from the body then CCW rigs.

Also target or adjustable sights are not as durable. By their very nature they move. They are very useful for shooting at multiple distances if you have time to adjust them between shots. For me personally in a defense weapon I do not need this. Any shooting with a defense handgun will happen at short range and I certainly will not have time to dial in my sights.

I think you can use any gun you are comfortable with for self defense but some are better than others. The 1911 is not a beginners CCW pistol IMHO. It requires more work on the part of its owner than a Glock or Sig P series. You have to know this going in. A lot if what tunnelrat is saying is spot on about production 1911 especially in the competition marketed guns under $1000.

Of these 2 I would choose the one which functions 100% and has the cleanest draw for you from your concesent holster of choice.

Last edited by WVsig; October 16, 2012 at 09:36 AM.

Page generated in 0.03156 seconds with 8 queries