View Single Post
Old September 29, 2007, 12:36 PM   #12
The Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarborg
Strong as an ox. I call it old man strength.
I notice it, myself.

The really heavy lifters at my gym truly come into their own during their late thirties. However, the conventional wisdom says that men will begin to lose muscle mass after the age of 35. I do not notice that in the anecdotal evidence I have seen.

As I have stated, I got a new lifting partner a few months ago. We were in good shape, a tad heavy, and both of us were at a plateau. In fact, I was struggling in simply wanting to go to the gym.

I mentioned to my partner that the actors of "300" had a conditioning coach. This coach threw some bizarre training schedules at the actors, but they got into amazing shape. We decidied to do the same.

We now do cardio, perhaps a dozen machines, cable work, and tremendous amount of free weight bench presses--but in no particular order. A modern version of some of Joe Weider's principles.

I'm getting bigger, stronger, and yikes, I cannot wait to get to the gym. I walked out of the place last week so on fire I felt like a kid.

And food! My appetite has skyrocketed. I intend to sign off within a few minutes. I talked the wife into the Chinese buffet...

Page generated in 0.02258 seconds with 8 queries