View Single Post
Old February 8, 2011, 09:20 PM   #13
napp

Powdermonkee

I was just going to post an update when I saw your question.

Yes, it arrived late this afternoon. The seller shipped it within 24 hours of the auction ending. Unfortunately, it sat at the FEDEX hub in Hutchins, TX for a few days because of the icy road conditions (it was originally projected for delivery on Saturday, 5 Feb.)

I must say that my worries about buying from a new seller on GunBroker were all for naught. The pistol is in much better shape than I was expecting for the $230 winning bid. The bore is shiny and bright, the action is tight, the timing is spot-on, and the bluing is probably 95% or better. I did find a couple of small places where the bluing was worn. I had to really look hard to spot them; because they were covered with cold blue that very closely matched the original bluing. All the screw slots are straight and clean with one exception. The locking screw that allows the cylinder pin to be removed shows evidence of a screwdriver slipping a time or two. Not serious...but not perfect, either.

The previous owner had obviously maintained the pistol very well. He apparently is a stickler for detail. That was obvious when I unwrapped the pistol from his packaging. It was packed as well as any package I have ever received...from any source. The amount of bubble wrap and tape used would have protected the gun if FEDEX had dragged it behind the truck from Texas.

If the weather allows I will take it to the range tomorrow and give a more complete report. I will also try to get some pictures posted tomorrow.

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 8 queries