View Single Post
Old March 5, 2012, 11:14 AM   #11
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
To be fair, I don't think the OP was suggesting he was going to set up an indoor range for plinking. He is trying to determine which backstop presents the least risk to others in a self-defense situation. There may be no backstop that is NRA-approved in that case; but there may be backstops that offer significantly less risk than others.
I must have missed it. Tell me again what the choices of backstops were that he was deciding on to provide the least risk. It sounds like he isn't trying to determine which backstop presents the least risk, but is telling us his preferred field of fire and what the shot will have to pass through to harm the neighbors and he asked for out thoughts on his choices. He has already made his decision on his backstop.

He seems to be counting on the random items of his garage to provide a backstop barrier. I was simply noting that such a distribution is problematic as the gaps allow for shots to pass right through.

Page generated in 0.02663 seconds with 8 queries